Sunday, February 10, 2019

2019 Stock Trends

2019 may become a difficult year for stocks as it was in 2018.  With trade wars and Congress gridlock, the market will be hard to predict.  However, since the Federal Reserve finally took a dovish stance, we probably won't have a recession this year.

The biggest and most predictable trend that I see is with marijuana and hemp stocks.  CBD oil for medicine can be made from both plants, and there is a strong demand for CBD oil.  You could do an internet search for pot stocks and hemp stocks and take your pick.  They will probably all be volatile.  Nevertheless, if you buy at the bottoms and take profits at the tops, they could be worthwhile trades.  You could also keep a core position in each one.  This is what I am doing.

Some of the biggest marijuana stocks that I own are CGC, CRON, and HEXO.  I also own penny stocks in this area that I cannot recommend yet.  Anyway, probably around 50% of my portfolio will be locked up in this sector while the trend is solidly positive. 





No comments:

Post a Comment