Saturday, December 21, 2013

Linn Energy LLC (LINE): Linn Energy: One Of 2014's Best Yield Plays - Seeking Alpha

Linn Energy LLC (LINE): Linn Energy: One Of 2014's Best Yield Plays - Seeking Alpha

Here is another great article by Bret Jensen about Linn Energy.  Since the SEC stopped its investigation of Linn Energy, and the merger with Berry Petroleum went through, there should be no further downside to the stock except for possible minor fluctuations.  I own Linn through the C-corporation ticker symbol LNCO, and I am well satisfied with the stock.

You can own Linn Energy as an MLP with the ticker symbol of LINE, and you get a 10% annual dividend paid on a monthly basis.  I own Linn through LNCO because I don't want to fill out the K-1 tax forms that go along with owning MLPs.  I still get a 9% dividend paid on a monthly basis.  So, I am making a little less money, but I am avoiding K-1 headaches.  It is still very worthwhile owning LNCO, and we will probably have a nice capital gain this year since the company's bad news is past.

No comments:

Post a Comment