Friday, May 30, 2014

Apple: Something Extraordinary Is Certain - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha

Apple: Something Extraordinary Is Certain - Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) | Seeking Alpha



This is a great article that talks about Apple's past and the company's possible future.  The author mentioned that Apple fell from over $700 per share in 2012 to slightly below $400 last year.  You could have made more than 50% for your money if you had bought Apple at $400 since today's closing price was $633.  The reasons for the decline were lower margins and lack of innovation.  However, Tim Cook has now had time to prove he is worthy as Steve Job's successor.



Another adviser that I listened to said that he told people to buy Apple when the company's PE dropped to 10.  Those people who followed his advice made a super profit.  So, this is a possible good buying point if Apple ever sells off in a big way again.  I bought Apple today although I was late to the party.  I have owned shares several times in the past.  After Tim Cook's performance, though, I will be very reluctant to sell Apple in the future.  If I do take a profit at some point, I still intend to hold onto some shares to keep a close eye on what Apple is doing.  I don't want to be late to the party again!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment