Monday, August 11, 2014

Colgate Total Ingredient Linked to Hormones, Cancer Spotlights FDA Process: Bloomberg Business News - MSN Money

Colgate Total Ingredient Linked to Hormones, Cancer Spotlights FDA Process: Bloomberg Business News - MSN Money



As I occasionally do, I will talk about subjects other than the stock market.  Today, I saw this article about possible harmful effects of Colgate Total toothpaste.  The triclosan chemical found in the toothpaste is suspected of causing cancer.  To be on the safe side, you may want to use the Crest brand which claims to be free of triclosan. Another alternative is to use the regular simple Colgate Cavity Protection toothpaste which does not contain triclosan.  I quit using Total around nine years ago when I noticed an unusual lesion in my mouth, and it is now gone.  I have been using the safer Colgate Cavity Protection since then, and it seems to be working okay.  So, I think safety first is what we should seek rather than trying to clean our teeth with a harmful chemical.


No comments:

Post a Comment