Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bad News About This Year’s Flu Shot - weather.com

Bad News About This Year’s Flu Shot - weather.com



As I occasionally do, I will talk about other subjects in addition to the stock market.  The above link involves flu vaccinations which are only about half effective in preventing the flu.  The vaccine cannot cover all flu strains.  Another point was that other strains of the flu virus become prevalent toward the end of flu season in the early spring.  In fact, that is exactly when I caught the flu earlier in 2014.  I thought I was safe since winter was past, but the flu bug was still around.  So, be aware that there is not a perfect flu shot, and you need to act quickly if you get the flu because drugs like Tamiflu will work after you have been infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment