Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Brewing Problem

A Brewing Problem



This is a great article filled with good and bad points about Keurig Green Mountain coffee.  The inventor of the K-cup sold the company for a measly $50,000.  He later made 46 times his money by investing in Green Mountain at $3.20 and selling his stock at $140.  The article does not say he put the whole $50,000 into GMCR, but if the inventor did, he made over $2.3 million dollars from his investment.  This is a stock investor's dream which usually does not happen to most people.



One problem with long term investing is that you cannot know for sure which company will be the next GMCR or Apple.  The second problem is that people will often sell out before the company has reached its full potential.  I have owned both GMCR and Apple, but I sold out too soon in both cases.  Currently, my best long term stocks are Apple suppliers:  AVGO, NXPI, and SWKS.  I hope I will do a better job in holding on to these current picks.  I also intend to make money by trading stocks like UGAZ, UGA, and FAZ.  Then, a third way I plan to make money is by holding dividend stocks like PFF, DHY, and PFN.  So, I expect to make money while being fairly safe and well diversified.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment