Saturday, September 3, 2016

If I Had To Build An Income Portfolio Today - Update 10 | Seeking Alpha

If I Had To Build An Income Portfolio Today - Update 10 | Seeking Alpha



This is an outstanding article on holding high-yielding dividend stocks in your portfolio.  If you average 5% dividends on your stocks, your money will double in 15 years without adding any more money to your portfolio.  That might not sound like much, but we are talking about stable income while the overall stock market is volatile, and stocks look like we have reached a peak where advances will be much smaller or not at all.  PFF is my biggest stock holding, and I am making 5% each year from owning it.  I am thinking about adding OHI which was also on the author's list as well as HYG, quality corporate bonds.  Both of these last two stocks are also earning more than 5% each year in dividends.




No comments:

Post a Comment