Friday, February 28, 2014

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) news: When Is Tesla Going To $1000? [SolarCity Corp] - Seeking Alpha

Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) news: When Is Tesla Going To $1000? [SolarCity Corp] - Seeking Alpha



This is a very good article with calculations and projections that Tesla (TSLA) will be worth $1,000 per share in 2020.  The article also states that the current value should be $279 per share in keeping with the projected success of Tesla.  That means today's price of $244 is a slight bargain but worth taking.  I own the stock, and I plan to buy more on any pullbacks if I have cash available.



Currently, Tesla is just one part of my diversified portfolio.  I have dividend stocks as well as a large position in TVIX, the leveraged volatility index.  TVIX is just a short term trade.  I recently made 37% when I bought and sold the stock during the 6% stock market drop earlier this year.  An investor needs to have a strict allocation strategy where certain funds stay in certain areas such as dividend stocks, long term growth stocks like Tesla, and short term trading like TVIX.  In other words, my market volatility money should stay in cash while I wait for the next TVIX cycle.  Future contributions to my 401K should go to long term stocks like Tesla. In this way, each section of your portfolio will be adding to your bottom line in various percent amounts.

There will always be a temptation to put all of your money in the part of your portfolio where you are making the most money, but never give in to this temptation!  For example, something could go wrong with Tesla if other car companies succeed in making a better electric car.  If only 10% of my money is on Tesla, and it falls 50%, I will have lost only 5% in my overall portfolio.  Strict diversification must always be followed to prevent financial disasters.


No comments:

Post a Comment