Saturday, October 26, 2013

Dividend Winners

I love owning dividend stocks because you get paid while you wait for other stock opportunities to develop. Several of the dividends that I have collected this month are as follows:  PBT (.106 per share), O (.18), VNR (.207), SDIV (.134), JNK (.20), MRK (.43), HIX (.076), IRET (.13), LNCO (.242), NTE (.45), TWO (.28), PSEC (.11), NYMT (.27), and EHI (.096).

Most of the dividend stocks above pay on a monthly basis, and I like that a lot.  However, the shining star above is NYMT, a REIT that pays a quarterly dividend.  NYMT is currently paying an annual dividend of more than 16%.  I recommend all of the stocks above that I own, but I must also point out that diversification is necessary to avoid a large loss on any stock that might suddenly crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment