Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Great Speculative Stock

XsunX 2013

As you may have noticed, solar stocks were booming in 2013, and I believe they will continue to rise in 2014.  The U.S. is currently installing more solar panels than Germany, the previous solar king.  XSunX, ticker XSNX, has nearly doubled since the December 30, 2013 low.  I own shares in the company, and I plan to increase my position in XSunX.  They are a low cost installer of CIGS (copper, indium, gallium, selenide) solar panels, and solar is now competing in price with other forms of electricity.

If you want to invest in the solar industry in a diversified way rather than in just one company, you should buy TAN, a solar ETF that holds many winning solar companies.  I own TAN also.  It has gone from $35 per share on December 30, 2013 to $41 per share now.  I believe solar stocks will beat the S&P 500 in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment