Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Three horses with major shot at upending California Chrome in Belmont | FOX Sports on MSN

Three horses with major shot at upending California Chrome in Belmont | FOX Sports on MSN



As I occasionally do, I will sometimes talk about subjects other than the stock market.  The link above is about three horses that could be profitable in the Belmont Stakes.  The New York track often has surprise winners.  The author suggested three horses that might be able to beat California Chrome.  I don't know what the final odds will be on these horses such as Commanding Curve who finished second in the Kentucky Derby, but if you can find a horse with 10 to 1 odds or greater, there is a good chance you could make five times your money if you make the right bet.



I have been to Churchill Downs quite a few times during the fall season in November around Thanksgiving.  The only times I won involved a $4 boxed exacta bet where I guessed which two horses would come in 1st and 2nd in either order.  I won around $26 one time and somewhere in the $30 range the other time.  So, you could have an exacta box bet with California Chrome and Commanding Curve in the Belmont Stakes.  Then, if you really want to take chances, you could do a trifecta box with three horses.  If you win a trifecta, it will most likely be hundreds of dollars.  In that case, I would go with California Chrome, Commanding Curve, and Tonalist.  In reality, though, you'll probably be lucky just to win enough money for a nice hamburger!

No comments:

Post a Comment