Sunday, May 29, 2016

Pistachio Nutrition Lowers Bad Cholesterol + Boosts Eye Health - Dr. Axe

Pistachio Nutrition Lowers Bad Cholesterol + Boosts Eye Health - Dr. Axe



Here is a great article about the benefits of pistachios.  They lower LDL cholesterol for good heart health, and they provide unique nutrients for the eyes that other nuts do not have.  Pistachios also improved sexual function in a study because the nuts have arginine which increase nitric oxide which in turn opens blood vessels more. 



49 kernels are considered to be a serving.  This amount contains almost 6 grams of protein and around 13 grams of good unsaturated fat.  A serving also provides 20% of the daily requirement of copper and thiamine (B1).  I ate some pistachios when I saw this article because I knew they were good for me, and I have always liked the taste of pistachios.


No comments:

Post a Comment