Sunday, March 5, 2017

The Trump Era In Stocks

Now that President Trump has been in office for a while, we can make some plans for investing or trading stocks during his term.  First, the major indexes are up double digits since Trump's election.  This means that the stock market will probably do well if he continues doing okay.  However, we may soon have a market correction since it is overbought now.  I will probably buy more UDOW whenever the market pulls back, and then I will sell part of my UDOW holdings when the market goes back up.  So, I might be able to make money a few times a year during volatility.

Another good idea is to trade natural gas on a seasonal basis.  I made double digit returns on some DGAZ trades in the last two months when the short natural gas ETF was profitable during the warm winter.  Now, I have three bullish natural gas trades going on through UGAZ.  I am planning to hold UGAZ until sometime in July.  More natural gas will be used during the summer when utilities burn it for summer cooling.  The summer is also a time when natural gas is added to storage for the next winter cycle.



No comments:

Post a Comment