Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Lower Your Cancer Risk by Eating These 10 Foods

Lower Your Cancer Risk by Eating These 10 Foods



This is an outstanding article about foods that can lower your cancer risk.  The list contains more than just oatmeal which I struggled to learn how to eat on a regular basis.  I always had preferred grits over oatmeal, and I finally adopted both.



Beets made the list, and I already liked them.  In fact, I could probably eat beets every day, but beef or chicken with fries usually crowds them out since I can only eat so much at each meal.  I always keep beets on hand at home with the idea of eating a can of beets whenever I can work them in.



Lemons made the list, also.  This is a food item that I will have to add to my diet because they flush out body toxins, they are antibacterial and antiviral as well as anticancer, and they reduce inflammation.  My plan right now is to buy several lemons whenever I go to the store.  Then, I intend to cut them in half and squeeze out the juice into a cup of water or a beverage that would test good with lemon juice.



Ginger is another food that has anticancer properties.  I have taken ginger off and on for years, but I am going to make it a daily item now after reading this article.  Ginger extract has reportedly shrunk prostate cancer by 50%, and it is also anti-inflammatory.  I am ordering some ginger extract tonight, and I am going to get some ginger beer the next time I am at the grocery store.



Grapefruit, nuts, olive oil, and coconut water also made the list.  Tomatoes were not on the list, but they should have been listed.  They contain lycopene just like grapefruit, and lycopene prevents tumors.  So, we need to do all we can to help keep ourselves out of the doctor's office and avoid life-threatening situations.






No comments:

Post a Comment