Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blood Pressure

Those who read this blog know I usually talk about stocks here, but occasionally I believe it is a good idea to talk about health.  After all, what good would it do you to make a million dollars in the stock market and then live a short life because you failed to focus on health issues?

Blood pressure is one of the ways you can measure your overall health when it comes to your heart and your circulation.  I'm 63 years old, and I went to the dentist today to have an old filling removed and to get a crown installed in its place.  As a matter of routine, the dental assistant took my blood pressure since my dentist would probably not want someone to have a heart attack in his office.  I did not have any problem, though.  My blood pressure was 126 over 85, which is great for a 63 year old man.

How do I maintain good blood pressure at my age?  First of all, I eat a lot of beans, bananas, and potatoes.  These three foods do wonders for blood pressure because they are rich in potassium, an electrolyte which energizes the body in many ways.  Secondly, I take Coenzyme Q10 every day along with 1,000% of the daily requirement of Vitamin E.  Thirdly, I drink at least one energy drink each day with 1,000 milligrams of taurine which helps your muscles and your heart.  I hope everyone who reads this will do some research on how to maintain good health.  It will be worth every minute of time that you take to invest in a healthy lifestyle.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment