Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Is 2015 The Year You Buy A Chromebook?

Is 2015 The Year You Buy A Chromebook?



As I occasionally do, I will talk about subjects other than the stock market.  The above link is for an outstanding article on Chromebook computers.  I own a Chromebook myself which I got for around $250.  It is very light weight, and it automatically connects wirelessly with Google's Chrome browser internet domain.



If you have the internet at home, you may need a wireless router for using a Chromebook because the Samsung model that I own does not have a traditional Ethernet port.  Google makes it easy to get on the internet through a router, though.  Then, of course, Chromebook will connect well in wireless places like restaurants and motels.



Not only is the price low for a Chromebook, but the operating system resides in the cloud of the internet.  You don't have to worry about your Windows operating system crashing because a Chromebook connects to Google's Chrome operating system on the internet which is maintained 24/7 reliably.  The Chrome OS is also free, and you don't have to involve yourself with Windows multiple updates and other problems.



The downside for some is not being able to run Windows software.  This is not a problem for me because I have been using Google's cloud software for a long time which includes word processing, spreadsheets, bookmarks, and all the other office applications that you would expect.  If you need to go from one operating system to another, you can create PDF files to transfer data.  So, I am completely sold on Chromebooks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment